Terms and Condition of Designer Bed Company
- These Terms and Conditions of Trading apply to all contracts between Designer Bed Company and the customer in relation to all sales of our products and services.
- Any order you place with us is not accepted until we have provided you with a written Sales Order Confirmation (by email, phone or in person). The contract between us will only be formed when we send you this Order Confirmation. This Sales Order is a binding contract between Designer Bed Company and the Customer.
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us confirming that your order has been accepted (Sales Order Confirmation).
- The customer is responsible for checking the detail on the Sales Order and ensuring that it is correct. Any amendments should be noted at the time and an amended Sales Order confirmation will then be issued.
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document issued by us is subject to correction without any liability on our part.
- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time by posting the updated version on our Website, at which point they will apply to any future orders made (but will not affect any existing orders). Examples of reasons for change include changes to our products, prices, guarantee or delivery terms, changes to our business needs or supply structure, or for technical or legal reasons.
- ‘Bespoke Product(s)’: any Product that we make to your specifications or that we personalise for you. This includes (without limitation) where you request that we make changes to a product, including to the finish, stitching, piping, cushion pads, fabric mixes or upholstery. This also includes Customer Own Material Products.
- ‘Clearance’: any Products sold at a reduced price to our normal retail price, as remnants or as substandard, including but not limited to Products sold at a discounted price as a direct consequence of warehouse clearance.
- ‘In-stock Products’: are ready-made products available to order held in our UK Warehouse.
- ‘Customer Own Material(s)’: applies to any fabric that you supply to us or which you specify and is not on our website.
- ‘Guarantees’: our Guarantees that are set out in section Guarantees.
- ‘Product(s)’: any beds, sofas, armchairs, footstools, cushions, mattresses or other products that we sell.
- ‘Standard Range’: any Products that are listed on our Website in the sizes and fabrics as listed and which are not Bespoke Products, Clearance Products or Customer Own Material Products.
- ‘UK Mainland’: this is the main island of Britain; it excludes Northern Ireland and any islands that are geographically separate from the main island of Britain.
- ‘Website’: www.designerbedcompany.co.uk and our associated web pages.
- ‘IFC’: Interest Free Credit payment plan provided by our finance provider Klarna subject to eligibility.
- Individuals who reside in the UK intend our Website for use; however, we may at our discretion also accept orders from individuals who reside outside of the UK. Transportation may be arranged by the customer, however we will not be held responsible for any damages of faults that occur after it has left our UK warehouse.
- Please note that our delivery and returns policies differ according to whether you are resident in the UK Mainland, non-UK Mainland or outside the UK.
- All Products are subject to availability.
- Stock availability and delivery dates provided on the website and subsequently communicated in any form are estimates and cannot be guaranteed.
- It is your sole responsibility to choose the colour and quality of the fabrics for your order that is suitable for your intended use of those Products, and to take all appropriate measurements in your property to ensure that the dimensions of those Products are suitable for your intended use of them.
- The dimensions of Products we supply may vary from those stated in their specification due to the items being handmade, but we will endeavour to ensure that they are within +/-15% manufacturing tolerance of the total size stated.
- Any Clearance or Ex-display Products will be identified and be stated to be sold as such on the Website. Such Products may not necessarily be in perfect condition, so please check before you buy that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended particular use.
- We will endeavour to match as accurately as possible the colour and texture of the fabric of your Products to the samples chosen, but variations in both the colour and texture may occur, due to slight batch variation.
- All descriptions of products are correct at the time of publication. We continually strive to improve our product range and reserve the right to amend the specification of Products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Occasionally we experience difficulties in supplying certain Products and fabrics and we may need to substitute them with alternatives of equal or better standard and value. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this and your order will be put on hold pending your acceptance of the change; an appropriate substitute may not always be possible. If you do not accept a substitute that is materially different from the Product that you originally ordered, we will cancel your order for the relevant Product and provide you with a full refund.
- Beds and Mattresses are sold separately. All bed prices shown do not include a mattress.
- The details, makes and designs of our Products are constantly changing and we reserve the right to change the specification of our Products without prior notice in relation to future sales. You should check our website for details.
- Products supplied to you may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. Unless agreed with you, the Products supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance. Any significant variations will be notified to you.
- Some faux leathers will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight and heat.
- We will endeavour to match the colour and texture of the fabric of your Product to the samples chosen as accurately as possible, but variations in both the colour and texture may occur.
- Whilst we measure our furniture as accurately as possible, it is handmade and small variations can occur. We therefore allow +/- 3cm tolerance with all our stated measurements.
- All prices include VAT, unless stated otherwise, at the prevailing rate, currently 20%. If you live outside the UK, please note that the price you see on our Website may differ from what we charge you due to, for example, differences in your country’s VAT rate.
- All prices we have quoted you are valid for up to 28 days from the date on which the quote was given, unless otherwise indicated by us.
- Prices listed on the main Home page, before size, fabric quality are selected reflect our starting prices for the range.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure that the prices displayed on our website are accurate we reserve the right not to accept orders placed where the pricing is incorrect. In the unlikely event that this situation should occur we will inform you prior to any goods being produced.
- Orders of Standard and Bespoke Products require payment in full at the time of placing the order in order to start production of your order.
- We accept the forms of payments that are stated on our Website during the online purchase process.
- When you buy from us you have the choice of applying for an Interest Free Credit payment plan with our consumer credit provider Pay Pal Credit. When purchasing online you may apply for this by adding your purchase to the shopping basket, selecting the option to pay by credit. Any delay in payment will affect the delivery of your Products.
- By submitting an IFC payment plan application to us you consent to us or our consumer credit provider carrying out a credit score check on you.
- IFC payment plans are only available to UK residents aged 18 and over, and are subject to status and acceptance by us or our consumer credit provider, Pay Pal Credit.
- For further details about IFC payment plans please see the 0% Credit section of our Website or contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01924 731233.
- For all orders from our Standard Range, we aim to deliver Products to your specified UK Mainland address within one to two weeks from the date on which we receive your payment.
- Delivery times may be extended for Bespoke Products and Customer own Material Products. In all cases we will provide you with an approximate delivery estimate at the time you place your order and we shall provide you with a delivery date and window closer to the date of delivery.
- Our delivery teams operate on an all-day service between 7am – 8pm, Monday to Sunday.
- For In Stock and Clearance Products our delivery team will deliver them to you within one to two weeks.
- If you are unable to take delivery of your Products on the delivery date agreed with our delivery team, please contact us at least 48 hours before the confirmed delivery date. Failure to do so may result in administration charges.
- If you are unable to take delivery within 14 calendar days of the confirmed delivery date advised we have the right to charge you storage charges at £25 per week for each product.
- We will endeavour to deliver your Products on the confirmed delivery date; if our delivery team are unable to do so they will endeavour to contact you at least 48 hours beforehand to arrange a new delivery date.
- In the event we are unable to complete a delivery because of access constraints to and/or in the building, a £55 re-stocking fee will be charged. It is your responsibility to advise us at the time of ordering of any non-standard delivery circumstances that may apply.
- We shall not have any liability to you for any delivery failures or delays that are caused by anything beyond our reasonable control.
- We offer free delivery to all standard mainland UK areas within roughly 150 mile radius from our factory base. Deliveries further afield, remote areas and hard to reach areas will incur a surcharge, which will vary depending on the location. We will inform you of these before you place your order. Please note that orders to these delivery areas may take longer to reach you.
- To avoid any damage to your property or any items therein during the course of delivery, it is your responsibility to ensure clear access to the relevant room(s) in advance of delivery, including keeping children and pets out of the way, removing any precious items and protecting floors as necessary.
- We are not responsible for the removal or movement of any furniture or other items upon delivery unless we have agreed this with you in advance.
- Please do inform the delivery team when booking your delivery window if the product/s are being delivered to a 2nd floor or above. If delivery to a higher floor without the use of a suitably large lift is requested then we will inform you whether we can deliver to that floor and whether a difficult access charge may apply.
- If our delivery team accidentally damages Products in the course of delivery, then our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, refund or replacement of the Products or the value thereof. Where possible, refunds will be made using the same means of payment as you used to purchase the Products. In the case of card payments, refunds will be made to the original card of purchase.
- Any damage to the Products or your property or its contents as a direct result of our delivery service must be reported to us by email within three business days of the delivery taking place. You must also sign the delivery note as ‘damaged’. If you do not report such damage to us within this time frame or sign the note as ‘damaged’ then we shall not be liable to you for any such damage.
- Our delivery team may inform you that they are willing to deliver the Products but that, in their opinion, access to the delivery address is inadequate for them to make delivery without risking causing damage to the Products or your property or its contents. In this event, if you request that our delivery team proceeds with delivery then such delivery will be at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any damage that may occur. You will also be asked to sign a damage waiver.
- Our delivery team will unwrap and assemble all Products upon delivery and take away the packaging.
- If you request that we leave the items wrapped, then we cannot be held responsible for any damages reported which were not marked on the delivery note at the time of delivery.
- We do not undertake delivery outside of Mainland UK but may accept orders if the customer is willing to arrange their own transportation. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that your order is checked before items are shipped.
- Products transported outside the UK may be subject to customs, handling, import and/or export duties, and may require licences, clearances and other consents in order for the Products to be so transported. You will be responsible for the payment of any such duties and for obtaining and maintaining any such licences, clearances and consents. We therefore recommend that you contact your local customs office or an experienced export carrier for further information before placing your order. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the territory for which the Products are destined. We shall not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws and regulations.
Cancellations, Amendments and Returns
- Orders of Products from our Standard Range can be amended within 7 days of placing the order, or cancelled either before delivery, or you may request a return within 14 days of delivery.
- We regret we cannot accept amendments, cancellations or returns of Bespoke Products (made to order specifically for you) after production or delivery. This includes upholstered products and mattresses that have been made to order, your automatic right to return is revoked as the item has been created specifically for you. This does not affect returns due to faults in manufacturing. These policies do not affect your statutory rights. Bespoke items are indicated as such on your order confirmation.
- Regretfully due to hygiene reasons we cannot accept returns of mattresses without their original protective covering, so please make sure the mattress you have chosen is comfortable for you before unwrapping!
- Here at Designer Bed Company we are happy to offer our customers a straightforward free returns policy on any order, which you are not completely satisfied with, provided the item is a Standard or In-stock Product where no individual size or finish options have been specified by you. Our returns policy applies to our standard fabrics range with the exception of any made to measure, special fabrics, non-standard fabrics i.e. fabrics not shown on this site, or, customers own fabrics where no returns are possible.
- Products must be returned to us in a saleable condition and we reserve the right to make reasonable deductions from the amount refunded to you if there are signs of wear and/or damage to the Products. All returned Products will be inspected in our warehouse and if deemed to be damaged or soiled, we will charge you a fee to reflect the amount by which the value of the Products has been diminished. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- The returns policy does not apply to goods held in storage by prior arrangement once delivered.
- Returns of Clearance Products will be accepted and will incur an £100 collection fee.
- Prior to ordering, please check the dimensions of the Products you are proposing to order to ensure they will fit into your chosen location.
- If you exercise your right to cancel a Product then we will refund the price of that Product you paid to us when you placed the order, including the costs of delivery you were charged. Where possible, refunds will be made using the same means of payment as you used to purchase the relevant Products. In the case of card payments, refunds will be made to the original card of purchase. Please note that refunds are normally done within 10 working days but these can take up to 30 days due to our payment gateway provider refund policy.
- We cannot accept any compensation claims for factory delays, fabrics being out of stock, outside of our reasonable control.
- If you order Products and you arrange for the Products to be shipped to a location outside the UK Mainland, you still have the right to return the Products but it is your responsibility to arrange for and pay for the Products to be shipped back to the UK Mainland and to our warehouse.
- We reserve the right to cancel or refuse any order placed online or via telephone within 30 calendar days of the order being placed.
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel a Product order please contact us on 01924 731233 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A convenient time will be arranged for our delivery team to collect any products.
Customer Own Materials
- Customer Own Materials applies to any fabric that you supply to us or which you specify and is not on our Website (‘Customer Own Material’). We refer to any Product that, at your request, we make with a Customer Own Material as a ‘Bespoke Product’.
- We may refuse to use any Customer Own Material that we consider to be unsuitable.
- You agree to ensure that your Customer Own Material is in all respects safe and suitable for application in the Product.
- We will own Customer Own Materials when we receive them; ownership of any of them which we return to you (whether unused or incorporated in the Product) will revert to you upon delivery to you.
- We may cut, work on and otherwise treat and deal with your Customer Own Materials as we consider appropriate in the course of making the Product and (unless you state in writing with your order that surplus should be returned to you) we may use or dispose of excess fabric or items as we think fit.
- Fabric batches may vary and there can be slight variations between batches especially with natural fabrics. The most common variation is that of colour – although the actual variation is often almost negligible or very slight. Some fabrics are more susceptible to this than others.
- Whilst we guarantee to make all items in your order from the same batch, we cannot guarantee that subsequent orders will match your original order.
- Because of the nature of the materials used, any finishes that are applied to the exterior of our Products may alter the final colour and feel of the fabric.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for fading or discolouration caused by exposure to direct or indirect sunlight. Sunlight affects different fabrics in different ways, but sunlight, whether direct or indirect, will nevertheless always affect fabric colour. Darker fabrics, because they have further to fall, are likely to discolour and fade more. Different fabrics, dark or light are liable to fade or discolour at different rates.
- We recommend that you dry clean all removable covers from our Products.
- Some faux leathers will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight and heat.
- Our Beds come with a free 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all our handmade solid wood frames as well as a free 1 year guarantee on mattresses. Guarantee is against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials. This excludes Products purchased from our Clearance.
- Cushion fillings and coverings and upholstery on our Products are guaranteed for one year from the date of delivery except that we do not provide any guarantee for fabric (or other items) supplied at your specification by yourself or a third party, nor in respect of any defect in Products caused by any defect in, failure of or unsuitability of any fabric or other items so supplied.
- Our Guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your Products (including failure to follow any Product care instructions that we provide), loss or damage (including rusting and corrosion) due to unreasonable exposure to water or weather; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, theft, accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- Guarantees are rendered invalid if any product or mechanism is tampered with prior to any fault being reported.
- Our Guarantees are limited to Products sold and retained in the Mainland UK and used solely for non-commercial purposes.
- Where defective Products are covered by one of our Guarantees, we will endeavour to repair them free of charge. If a repair is not possible you will be offered a replacement and only if a suitable replacement is not available will you be offered a refund.
- Our Guarantees may not be assigned to a third party.
- The above guarantees are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights.
- If you wish to make a claim under our Guarantees, please contact us by phone on 01924 731233, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Damaged / Faulty Goods
- In the unlikely event that you receive your order in a faulty or damaged condition, please contact us the next working day either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01924 731233. This will allow us to make the necessary arrangements for collecting/repairing the damaged/faulty goods and sending you a replacement.
- Our delivery team will make the collection and upon inspection at our warehouse a refund or replacement will be sent at our expense.
- We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products that appear on our Website. However we cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately reflect the colour of the Product delivered. Please ensure you receive a fabric sample of your chosen fabric prior to confirming your order.
- Our contract with you shall not be concluded until we have received your valid payment details and we have accepted the order by way of a Sales Order confirmation by return e-mail to the email address you have given us during the online payment process.
- Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our Website however some prices/details may change from time to time and it is possible that errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the Product(s) you have ordered we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. You will then be given the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, then we may treat the order as cancelled and notify you of this by email. If an order for Products is cancelled and you have already paid for the Products, we will give you a full refund as soon as reasonably possible (and in any event within thirty (30) days of cancellation).
- We reserve the right to refuse any order placed by you.
- At Designer Bed Company, we value our customers and understand the vulnerabilities of customer data. We are a furniture company and not in the business of selling personal information to external companies. Designer Bed Company will explicitly only use your data to deliver targeted newsletters. If you would like to change how we’re able to contact you or remove you from our mailing list altogether contact us by email at email@example.com
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with English law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.